Become the Master of Your Universe with Scribblenauts Remix
For the first time ever, the award-winning Nintendo DS franchise was finally brought to the iOS devices. by Warner Bros. is an action puzzle game developed by 5th Cell and Iron Galaxy Studios where you help Maxwell solve puzzles by writing down (or rather, typing) any object you can think of, literally anything, and watch it come to life.
- Classic Gameplay- 50 levels to play! Includes 40 of the most popular levels from Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts and 10 original levels exclusive to iOS devices.
- World Pass- Purchase a World Pass and receive all current and future world expansions – 40 extra levels and counting! If you previously purchased a world expansion, you’re automatically upgraded to a World Pass and all future worlds will now automatically appear in your game for free.
- Playabale Avatars- Re-live Scribblenauts by playing as a different character from in the game. Try out the feature with the free God avatar!
- Scribble Pics-Post images of your playground creations and puzzle solutions to Facebook and Twitter and share them with your friends!
- Scribble Speak– exclusively for iPhone 4S
- Use the keyboard microphone icon to create objects using only your voice!
- Unlimited Fun- Enter the Playground to create objects to your heart’s content, playing and interacting in a true sandbox!
- Play on Multiple Devices- Use iCloud to seamlessly switch between the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch without ever having to restart your game.
- Innovative User Interface- Use the “shake to undo” function to remove created objects simply by shaking your Apple device.
- Create and Share- Use Game Center to check out the leaderboard to see how your score ranks and to compare game achievements with friends. You can also post game statistics to your Facebook and Twitter profiles.
- Gift the App- Give the gift of Maxwell to your friends and family!
Be A Geek! Think Out Of The Box!
The gameplay goes like this: You, as a curious boy named Maxwell (or simply Max), are thrown into a large amount of tricky puzzles and challenges that gives you any particular objectives to accomplish. It urges you to come up with objects you can think of—given certain ratings-related restrictions— to type in (nouns or adjectives). The app then will conjure it to aid you on the puzzle.
You would notice in the app that the progression is incoherent— in one level you’ll be asked to tune a race car, in others you’ll have to help a man quench his thirst, set up a school for the first day of classes, or hide a lion in front of a magic show’s audience. The only thing that is constant in the game is the gleaming Starite, which acts as your reward for achieving all what is required at each stage. With every object you wish to use, it gives a lot of leeway as to where things can go. You can opt for a peaceful or violent solution.
To exemplify, if the hint (or objective) asked you to find a way to create a massive extinction of the dinosaurs without using any weapons and asteroids, then you must think of a way to make it happen. The latter means you kill them with your imagination by simply typing any word that comes to your mind. Let’s say a black hole. Type it in and an image of it will instantly appear in your screen swallowing the dinosaurs to disappear. You then get yourself a little star. What’s brilliant about this app, as aforementioned, is that you can also use adjectives. If you want a pink humongous dinosaur, you can summon a pink humongous dinosaur, or even a pink dinosaur with wings. You can experiment with whatever actually! The gameplay is pretty simple— accomplish goals, use imagination, use words, spawn things—and without a doubt is a work of utter genius.
You also don’t have to worry when you misspelled a word, a screen will pop up providing you a list of words closest to the one you’re typing in. However, if you ever get stumped at a certain level, the app does a decent job with its hint system providing you enough teases to get you succeed while not robbing you of those glorious “Eureka!” moments.
There are currently five worlds in the game, each with ten puzzles to solve, ranging from the basic puzzles to those that require a bit more thinking outside the box to solve.
You see, this game is meant to test your vocabulary, as well as a vehicle to let your imagination run free or wild, perhaps. The app’s brilliance is in its ability to let you use any tool to solve any puzzle. Want to bury a dead man? Type in a voguish coffin, a tiny shovel, or a pit will do the trick. Need to run? Hop on a Pegasus. Go ahead, anything is possible in the app. It cradles creativity unlike any other puzzle games and isn’t a control freak for it allows you to play it the way you want it.
However, the majority of scenarios isn’t really the hothouse of creativity because you have some sort of limitations or restrictions to follow. Sure, I could totally spawn a dragon, a helicopter or a vampire in the school house level— because I’m a jerk— but the game won’t credit it. It will only accept the usual school stuff you normally see in dull classrooms. There are also points in the game that are called “ollars”, but the amount is never quite clear, for there are no merits awarded for finishing each level with certain criteria. Despite such a minor drawback, everything seems excellent— engaging gameplay, crumbling paper like sound effects, artsy graphics, various background images. You won’t perhaps ask for more except for additional levels.
Similar to other Scribblenauts titles, you have to do a measure or two of moving, well, like mounting the flying T-Rex or robotic hippopotamus you just created. The touch controls work well for the most part which really gives convenience for anyone. A simple shake removes everything you created while two-finger swipes lets you have a glimpse of the map. To maximize your fascination, actions like jumping and climbing are automated in the app, while the virtual keyboard acts as your magical conduit to create your mind-blowing objects.
Imagination is the Limit
Despite having just 50 levels, it’s easy to blitz through most of them, although you have to muddle your way through some certain stages that require much of a cerebral approach. But still, it’s hard to be disappointed with . It has a vast collection of words and a very impressive system. I may sound biased saying this, but I think it’s the most fascinating puzzle game. It welcomed creativity with open arms and wasn’t afraid to put significant power in its users’ hands. However, the true value and real essence of the app lies in your ability to mess around with the conjuring system to create brainiac solutions. It’s insanely inventive and unique that I could no longer fathom the perfect words to describe it.
So, do yourself a favor and devour this whole! Download this app on the for $0.99.
Watch the game’s trailer here:
Latest posts by Seraphic Doll (see all)
- Ladies’ Workout Apps For A Fitter You - September 14, 2012
- Become the Master of Your Universe with Scribblenauts Remix - September 13, 2012
- Pocket Ninjas: Slice Your Way Through The Wave of Enemies - September 12, 2012
- Go Ancient with Tomb Slider - September 11, 2012
- Captain Antarctica: The Angry Penguin Goes Full Throttle! - September 10, 2012